Tides of Time™ Collection:
The ebb and flow of life is represented in this swirling pool of glass accented by twists of fine silver foil. Because of its chemical reaction with the silver, it will appear differently with each color of glass. The ashes will be submerged beneath the depths of color and will be more visible with lighter colors of glass. The silver is on the surface of the glass and is not encased, leaving a slight texture.
We take sentimental items and infuse them while we are sculpting the glass using a 2,000° torch. Each inclusion, or sentimental item, listed below looks and acts differently with the glass. Some are noticeably visible and others just make bubbles or appear as black carbon flecks. Depending on the Collection, you can choose to have your item visible or hidden. Our specialty is cremains and hair, but we also work with the following items. We ask that only one or two items per piece.
- Ashes, Cremated Remains, or Cremains (infuses into very visible gray dusty texture)
- Hair or Fur (burns into tiny black specs and bubbles)
- Placenta/Umbilical cord (burns into black specks and bubbles)
- Cloth or Fabric (burns into soot, can be black, white, bubbles)
- Pictures/Paper (burns into white flecks)
- Sand /Earth (infuses or burns into very visible, some sand makes bubbles, often maintains color) - Flowers/plants (burns into soot, bubbles)